Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Lovely Lies

Shielding my eyes from the bright sun, a single tear drifts down the soft skin of my cheek, finally resting in a listless drip at the bottom most part of my chin. Stabbing torrents of pain rip at my chest as I gasp for air, his retreating form growing smaller in the distance, forever lost to me.

"It'll be ok," I speak the words aloud, secretly praying I can believe them. Forcing myself to turn from him, I feel as if the world has slipped into slow motion, every step using every ounce of energy I have left. Overwhelmed by sadness, the tears flow uncontrollably when at last I find myself at my car.

He is gone, not even a spec on the horizon, my eyes will never again rest upon his.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
Little Giant Ladder Systems